Paige

Paige

Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Paige has been doing good but has had a few bumps along the way. We have been in the ICU for a 1 1/2 weeks and counting.
Paige looks like a whole new baby.She has pink baby skin and her belly is going down with each day. Her belly is completely closed and now we are waiting for her to get her breathing tube out. The breathing tube has been a struggle to get out with the fluid balance in her belly. These fluids have made her lungs very angry and sick which postponed getting the breathing tube out.
It is crazy to think that before transplant Paige's liver was in failure, her kidneys were failing, her brain waves were slowing, she was throwing up blood and was blood dependent. Now all of that has magically disappeared. Her kidney's are still trying to recover but now life has become a lot less stressful.I feel a weight has been lifted for now. Dr. Book never gave up on Paige and found Paige a liver like she said she would.I owe a lot to Dr Book and her team for saving my baby. I am so grateful that I get to keep Paige. She make life more enjoyable with each day and she has taught me a lot. I look at how strong she is and how much she has endured. Even when Paige was at her worst she would still have a big smile on her face.I cannot imagine how much Paige has pain she has suffered just so I could keep her.I know that the only reason Paige held on so long was she knew how much I needed her.
I love her with all my HEART.

No comments: